New technologies continue to transform the aviation industry at an exponential pace with no end in sight. For someone starting in the business even a decade ago, the changes have been phenomenal, and in no facet of the industry has this change been more apparent than in avionics. New and advanced flight capabilities unheard of just a few years ago are now accessible to all levels of commercial and business operators, large, medium, and small, and also to small general aviation aircraft owners, making flight operations safer and more efficient than ever before. If you’re in need of an avionics retrofit for your fleet or for your private aircraft, it looks like 2018 will be a great year to do it.
Avionics Retrofits And Upgrades Will Be Booming In 2018
Billions of dollars will be spent on avionics this year, mostly because of new technologies and government-mandated upgrades. The January 2020 deadline for Automatic Dependent Surveillance/Broadcast capability (ADS-B) will account for the lion’s share of this business, with mandates for Heads-Up Displays (HUD) and Controller/Pilot Datalink Communications equipment (CPDLC) contributing heavily. Nearly 58% of this industry boom will be due to operators completing the required retrofits, with almost 74% of this work being done in the United States and Canada. Money spent on subscriptions for current navigation data is expected to reach as much as $2 billion alone.
Government mandates aren’t the only reason operators are retrofitting and upgrading their avionics though. New technologies that allow them to operate more efficiently and effectively while increasing safety is a huge motivation, as well as the reduced costs that new technologies and innovative companies bring to the market. All things considered, 2018 is shaping up to be an excellent time to have an experienced, trusted, and reliable MRO facility like AerSale® perform your avionics upgrades, retrofits, repairs, and overhauls to not only ensure compliance, but better and more profitable business operations.
A global aviation leader, AerSale specializes in the sale, lease, and exchange of used aircraft, engines and components, in addition to providing a broad range of maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services for commercial aircraft and components. AerSale also offers asset management services to owners of end-of-life aircraft and engine portfolios. Headquartered in Coral Gables, Florida, AerSale maintains offices and operations in the United States, Europe, and Asia, including FAA-approved aircraft maintenance and repair facilities in Goodyear, Arizona, and Roswell, New Mexico, with a large inventory of airplanes, airframes, engines, parts, and technical support. In addition, AerSale Component Solutions (formerly Aero Mechanical Industries) operates a 100,000-square-foot repair facility in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, that handles both metallic and composite airframe components.
Providing global reach from strategically located facilities, the AerSale team includes over 200 employees focused on flight equipment leasing, sales, maintenance, storage, and distribution, who maintain an aircraft and engine portfolio valued in excess of $1 billion. AerSale is also committed to the highest standards of quality assurance practices and procedures, and has earned recognition and certifications from the industry’s governing bodies including FAA, EASA, ISO 9001:2008, AS9100, ASA 100, and AFRA.
AerTrak® ADS-B Out Solution
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has issued a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for installation of AerSale’s AerTrak system on Boeing 737 CL and NG series aircraft (ST04009NY), in compliance with the Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) Operations rule.
AerTrak is a cost-effective ADS-B Out solution for operators of B737 CL and NG aircraft fitted with any OEM transponder/MMR combination. A complete prefabricated kit that can be installed by AerSale at any hangar around the world, AerTrak allows for seamless integration with most existing avionics and cockpit controls, and offers an effortless path to ADS-B Out compliance.
AerSale Avionics MRO and Other Services
AerSale prides itself on being a full-service MRO facility qualified to service any and all FAA and EASA approved aircraft, including but not limited to Airbus and Boeing, from 737 classics to NG, 747, 757, 767, MD-80-90 Series, DC-10, MD-10, MD-11, and A318-A321. Some of the most common MRO services we provide include:
- Fuel inert gas modification (FTIS)
- SELCAL code/wire changes
- Mode S reconfig registration change
- Transponder and altimeter recertifications
- Cockpit camera surveillance installation CDSS
- Flight recorder/DFDAU parameter upgrades
- Wi-Fi installation
- ACARS and ATSU system installation
- 8.33 spacing and FM immunity installation
- SATCOM system installation
- In-seat power installation USB charging ports
- Passenger entertainment system installation
- Installation of second ADF and HF systems
- Cold weather modification
- Fuel system conversions
- Fuel protection/ground fault system installation
- Emergency lighting Saf T Glo installation
- Ice detection system installation
- TCAS system upgrades
- Cargo fire protection systems
- Engine and APU fire system control conversions
- Enhanced ATC system installation
- EGPWS, altitude call out, and menu change installation
- Flight warning and control systems enhancement
- Cockpit instrument panel enhancement/conversions
- Engine rating and ignition systems
- Informations/electronic flight bags
- Autopilot system upgrades and hardware/software installation
- Rudder linkage, ELAC, SEC, IRS, FMC, FMGC, FCC, EFIS, TCAS, EGPWS, nav database, FWC, weather radar, and fuel systems
- Air conditioning system
- Altitude and aural warning system installation and modification
- Fixed ELT installation
- Cargo loading systems installation, magic carpet, and rollers
For more information about AerSale and how we can help you meet your avionics and maintenance needs for the coming year and beyond, contact us online or by telephone worldwide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and find out why we should be your go-to MRO services facility.