Proactively developing solutions to meet customer needs—often before those needs are recognized.
AerSale® continuously pursues technically advanced solutions that enable aircraft owners and operators to comply with rules and mandates from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and other regulatory agencies around the world, while realizing significant benefits.
Through AerSale Parts Manufacturing, our full-service design, build, and installation aircraft modification and alteration facility, we have developed proprietary systems such as AerSafe® and AerTrak®, which have been issued Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) for specific aircraft types from the FAA, the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), and the National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil (ANAC).
AerSafe: A More Economical Fuel Tank Flammability Reduction Option
AerSafe is one of the few FAA approved solutions to mitigate fuel tank ignition. This system is an effective, yet economical means to achieve compliance for passenger aircraft flying within or into the United States operating under FAR Part 121. AerSafe limits the amount of available oxygen that can ignite fuel vapors and prevents sparks from initiating an explosion. Unlike nitrogen generating systems, AerSafe does not use an Air Separator Module (ASM), whose membrane fibers are damaged by high ozone levels and require ongoing service.
AerSafe offers a number of distinct advantages:
- Comes as a complete prefabricated kit
- No mechanical parts that can fail
- No time-change components to replace
- No flight test requirements after installation
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Aircraft can be modified or de-modified without any structural changes
- Requires no maintenance between heavy-check visits or special tooling to remove and install the parts
AerTrak: A Cost-Effective ADS-B Out Solution
AerTrak is an FAA approved system to comply with the Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) Operations rule. Beginning in 2020, this new rule is a critical part of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen).
ADS-B provides enhanced navigational accuracy using precise tracking via global positioning satellite (GPS) signals. Reducing risk and improving safety, the technology increases navigational coverage, especially in remote areas beyond radar range. Additionally, ADS-B enables more direct flight plans, thereby saving time, costs, and reducing emissions.
Advantages of the AerTrak ADS-B Out System include:
- Cost-effective for operators of Boeing 737 NG and Boeing 757-200 series aircraft fitted with any OEM transponder/MMR combination
- Seamless integration with most existing avionics and cockpit controls
- Easy path to ADS-B Out compliance
AerSale will continue to develop new and forward-thinking solutions for aircraft owners and operators to meet the demands of cargo carriers as well as a growing and more demanding traveling public.